Fifth Sunday Brunch
Every fifth Sunday, the WestoverMen prepare brunch for members of the Westover Hills congregation prior to the church service. There is no Sunday school the fifth Sunday and the brunch is served from 9:15 – 10:00 a.m. in the fellowship hall. Charlie Frith and Mac Balkman spearhead the brunch. Some of the brunches have included the following.
- Regular and blueberry pancakes with bacon and sausage
- Breakfast burritos stuffed with sour cream, black beans, scrambled eggs and sausage/bacon
- Scrambled eggs, cheese garlic grits, biscuits and gravy and sausage and bacon
- Breakfast quesadillas stuffed with scrambled eggs, sour cream and sausage/bacon and fresh fruit
- French toast stuffed with sour cream and strawberry preserves
We are looking for new ideas, so if you have a suggestion, let Mac or Charlie know.